Duster/Demon body line

Mopar Body and Trim

1. GSS

GSS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    8:57 AM
    I have noticed that the center quarter panel body line is virtually straight on some cars and on others there is a slight upward curve above the wheel well. My NOS quarters have a slight curve. The AMD quarters look pretty straight in the pictures.

700-1372-R.jpg fcf93d5f-02d5-49a9-b696-39356b663dac.jpg If someone has an original paint car, I would be interested in knowing if that line is straight or curved. Thanks!

2. 19Duster71

19Duster71 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    Here a shot of my 72 Duster 20K original paint car.Looks straight to me

duster body line 001.JPG

3. DFX 340 Duster

DFX 340 Duster FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:57 AM
    I looked at my Duster. The AMD quarter line is correct. It looks to me that the wheel well cutout is slightly different. Seems to be more “square” than the original.

4. GSS

GSS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Thanks!

5. GSS

GSS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Finally getting back to finish my quarters. After taking this body line down to the metal on my NOS quarters and my original quarters, it is clear that there is a slight arch in the line over the wheel opening in all 4 of them. The may have been done so the line looks straight when looking down from eye level at it. The line also levels out about 8 or 10 inches before the door in order to be continuous with the door line, which is dead straight. The area between the door and the wheel arch is a little tricky to block straight.

19Duster71, if you have photos of your 1/4's taken from the height of the line, and from the front and back of the car, I would be very interested in seeing them... TIA

6. 72bluNblu

72bluNblu FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    6:57 AM
    The body line is straight, the quarters themselves bulge out a little bit over the wheel which makes it appear to be curved. The section right after the door, between the two body lines, is actually a little concave. That’s right from the factory and a result of the quarter flaring out a little.

7. GSS

GSS Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    Mine are definitely curved. I looked at many pictures of Dusters and Demons. Some look straight but a straight edge ruler proves they are curved.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.