Duster door strikers

-

awg329

Reaction score
Hi. I replaced my 76 dusters door strikers and now I can't get the doors to open properly. They are adjusted properly for height and flushness. Took the strikers out and tried them in the latch manually- it appears that the head of the striker has too large diameter. They came from classic industries.
Any ideas ?
Thanks, Alan

made in China = crap shoot. I bought mine from Mega Parts in WI aka dodgeboy on feebay and they work as they should

I know there were 2 sizes. I think the B/E body cars had a larger head on them. I bought a pair on ebay and had no issues. Prolly the same seller as above.

Riddler

Well on closer inspection..... it looks like my latches might be the problem. There is a spring-loaded white plastic wedge in the bottom of the latch. It looks like it is supposed to catch the head of the striker and then retract under spring tension. On my latches, this plastic wedge has a groove worn where the striker head rides. I bet that my new strikers are slightly different than the original and they don't ride in the groove. This would put them on a bind and make the doors very hard to open..... and that's my problem !
Thanks for listening
Alan

I had the same issue when I first put in new strikers. After opening and closing often they work much better now. I didn't replace anything, but I know how you feel as I thought I jammed my door permanently shut. Had to have 2 guys band on it to open.

Riddler

-
Back