Duster restoration

-

Dustport76

Reaction score
Hi folks, I’m new to this forum. I have a ‘76 Duster that I’d like to restore. My father bought this car new in ‘76 when I was about 10 years old. 318, white bucket seats and cinnamon brown in colour it was his second Duster. The first, a ‘70, had rusted out by ‘75( eastern Canadian winters!)The ‘76 met a similar fate by 1985. In 1988 I bought a ‘76 Dart sport ( slant 6 )that was in good shape and basically “ re-bodied” it with the better parts from the Duster and painted it gold. I drove it for a few summers, then got married and parked it for about 20years!
A couple of summers ago I got it running and started driving it again, (it’s awesome!) However the salt air here has not been kind. I’m looking to replace the front and possibly the rear frame rails as well as drivers door and rocker panel. AMD has quite a selection of parts but I’m wondering if buying rust free southern US metal would be cheaper? Also how to ship it up here to eastern Canada? Thanks

image.png

That car is cool. AMD only has the rear rails so for the front you will be forced to find good used ones. The rockers and rear rails you can get new from AMD.

-
Back