Duster sheetmetal interchangability

-

furiousgeorge

Reaction score
I've got a '75 Duster in need of a great deal of metal replacement. I'm basically starting at the back and am moving forward. I was wondering what parts interchange on these cars? I have to change out the tail panel, and I like the looks of the 1971-1972 Demon one, but will it fit without a bunch of modifications?

A couple of differences that I can think of. The doors changed in '73 to the style you now have. The interiors changed, but you asked about sheet metal.
As to the tail panel, in '72 the trunk floor was straight across the back where the tail panel is welded to. The later trunk floors had an offset along that line. I used a later trunk pan and had to use about two thicknesses of body metal to fill in that gap. If you go with a Demon tail panel you will also need whatever framework is behind the panel for the tail lights to fasten to.
The Demons also had a different front end, I think it shared with the Dart and is different from the Duster.
C

Well, I do have to put in a new trunk floor and extensions, so with a '72 floor and a bit of work, it should work out.

-
Back