Duster trunk divider board

-

jacko241

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
my Duster has a fold down rear seat and it was missing the divider board. I bought one from Detroit Muscle Tech. Does anyone have a photo they can share that will show it installed? I can't get my head wrapped around how it show be positioned. Thanks in advance.

my Duster has a fold down rear seat and it was missing the divider board. I bought one from Detroit Muscle Tech. Does anyone have a photo they can share that will show it installed? I can't get my head wrapped around how it show be positioned. Thanks in advance.

This thing?
ADU7076TD01_2000__65504.1576121675.jpeg

If you've got a fold down seat car it wasn't "missing" the divider board. It never had one. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a fold down rear seat.

On a standard rear seat car the board hangs off the seat hooks and rests on the cross brace, you can see it here from the back
IMG_0943.jpeg

Where it would be from the front, with the slots hanging on those hooks
2-jpg.jpg

But a fold down car doesn't have a divider like that
73_Valiant_Duster13.jpg

Instead you car should look like this with everything folded down (seat and security panel)

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 11.30.58 AM.png

The "security panel" from the rear, folded down

Screen Shot 2012-11-25 at 11.31.10 AM.png

And folded up. It's a wooden panel that was like 1/4" plywood with carpet on one side and the latches with feet on the other

Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 11.22.01 PM.png

This thing?
View attachment 1715895732

If you've got a fold down seat car it wasn't "missing" the divider board. It never had one. Kinda defeats the purpose of having a fold down rear seat.

On a standard rear seat car the board hangs off the seat hooks and rests on the cross brace, you can see it here from the back
View attachment 1715895727
Where it would be from the front, with the slots hanging on those hooks
View attachment 1715895733

But a fold down car doesn't have a divider like that
View attachment 1715895728

Instead you car should look like this with everything folded down (seat and security panel)

View attachment 1715895729

The "security panel" from the rear, folded down

View attachment 1715895730

And folded up. It's a wooden panel that was like 1/4" plywood with carpet on one side and the latches with feet on the other

View attachment 1715895731

Thank you very much, that is great info! I am missing the security panel. I never knew how they looked, thank you again!

Thank you very much, that is great info! I am missing the security panel. I never knew how they looked, thank you again!

No problem!

I converted my standard seat Duster to a fold down seat. You can see the pictures and stuff from that here How To: Fold down seat conversion

The original security panel is just a piece of 1/4" -ish plywood. It's fastened at the bottom with what amounts to a piano hinge, then has the latches up top. Since you have an original fold down seat car you would have the keepers for the latches on the bottom of the dutchman panel. Here's some more pictures...

The factory security panel with hinge and latches. Top one has been cut for speakers, picture is from this ebay listing. Seller wants a lot of money but it's available. I suppose it does say free shipping so maybe not crazy expensive as half that will be shipping...73 74 75 76 DART SPORT DUSTER FOLD DOWN REAR SEAT BACK TRAP DOOR OEM | eBay
s-l1600.jpg

Screen Shot 2012-11-23 at 8.08.50 PM copy.png

In place on a factory fold down seat car
$T2eC16hHJIcFHN+33m3vBSDURTwYQg~~60_57 copy.JPG

The security panel in my converted fold down car. It's a factory hinge and latches but I replaced the rotted plywood with aluminum diamond plate and tightened up the top gap
4-jpg.jpg

Close up of the latches, feet, and retainers
5-jpg.jpg

-
Back