Duster trunk seal

-

awg329

Reaction score
I replaced the trunk seal in my 76 duster with a D-shaped seal from metro. Part # is TK 56-B/18. Now of course, the trunk will not close. I have seen posts about using a different shaped seal to correct this problem. Is this the only solution ? I have my original seal and it is D-shaped. Has anyone been able to make a D-shaped seal work on a duster ?
Thanks for any help !

I just went through this with my 74 Scamp. Look up my thread "New trunk seal, now I can't close the trunk" and it will show you what I went through with pictures and what the fix was for it and where you can order the correct seal from if you want to order it off of eBay from jsbrown1. The seal that Jeff sent me worked out just perfect.
Bob

I just went through this with my 74 Scamp. Look up my thread "New trunk seal, now I can't close the trunk" and it will show you what I went through with pictures and what the fix was for it and where you can order the correct seal from if you want to order it off of eBay from jsbrown1. The seal that Jeff sent me worked out just perfect.
Bob
Thanks, Bob. I read your thread before I posted. I thought I may have to get a v-shaped seal, but I was hoping someone figured out how to get a D-shaped seal to work.

-
Back