DYI Radio Delete Cover

-

goldfish65

Reaction score
I made this today, just a piece of magnetic household vent cover, cut to size and spraypainted. Doesn't get much easier. I made it oversized so it would cover up more of the scratched area. If you're not too finicky, it beats looking at an ugly hole while you try to find an OEM cover that doesn't cost a zillion dollars. Plan on using some more of the magnetic stuff to cover the cowl grille when I'm parked outside, to keep debris out.

006.jpg

005.jpg

004.jpg

Cool, it looks way better! Here is mine I used, no idea what it is from, just worked!

Picture 280.jpg

looks pretty good goldfish. this is why i love this site. there are some real thinkers here, and thats no sh#&.

I did the same thing to the dash in my '72 Demon, now I just gotta finish putting my dash back together.

100_1501.jpg

I bought a factory delete plate on eBay. Been a while back but I think I got it for around $15 to $20. What color paint did you guys use? Looks like a pretty good match for the factory gold interior.

For the gold dash paint I used Dupli-Color DSGM457 LIGHT DRIFTWOOD METALLIC. I just asked the cashier to let me take several cans out to my car to find the best match. You never know in a 45 yr old car if it was repainted along the way or if the paint faded. Good luck...gotta love the early-A's!

-
Back