Dynomax Super Turbos

-

roosduster

Colorado Mopar
Reaction score
I was just wondering if anyone had an opinion on the Dynomax Super Turbo muffler. I know they come with the TTI Exhaust I was thinking of getting and trying to decide if I should stay with them or order the exhaust without mufflers and order mufflers from a different company.

Thanks

Hi there,
I too, got the TTI system but upgraded to the Ultra Flow's. Big difference and much meaner sounding. I went on the website and listened to the two types to make that decision. I know it's not the best way to do it, but I'm happy.

Their on a 383 with Schumacher headers and 2 1/2 inch pipes. I was going to put a stereo in the car but I like the sound of the growl....
Good luck.
Tony

72Dmn said:
Hi there,
I too, got the TTI system but upgraded to the Ultra Flow's. Big difference and much meaner sounding. I went on the website and listened to the two types to make that decision. I know it's not the best way to do it, but I'm happy.

Their on a 383 with Schumacher headers and 2 1/2 inch pipes. I was going to put a stereo in the car but I like the sound of the growl....
Good luck.
Tony

That sounds like a good idea, I want a mean sound for my car. I listened to them on the website and the Ultra Flo muffler does sound better in my opinion from that. Did you get the H-Pipe or X-Pipe system?

Seth

I had Super Turbos on a 71 Challenger, 340, headers and 2 1/2 exhaust, turndowns before the rear axle. Not a chambered muffler sound like Flows. But a whole different sound on its own. I liked it. I would stay with the ST since they come with the kit. I am sure those guys at TTI know what their doing. But the Ultra Flows outflow the Super Turbos.

Just an FYI, I have the 2.5", TTI, X-pipe system, 340 HP manifolds and Dynomax ultra-flows on my 340 barracuda. I can't run at PIR after 10pm because my car is 92.4db on the track at WOT.

I have the Super Turbo's on my Valiant, I like them.

My girlfriend said they made the car "echo" too much inside.

I added some sound deadner material to the floor under the rear seat,
because there was No padding/carpet etc. under the rear seat. :(

I also added some carpet padding to the trunk divider,and under the rear seat.

Now the car has lost the annoying resonance inside, but still has a nice sound.

:)
You can sort of see the padding behind the trunk divider cardboard,
I used 3m spray glue to attach it.

2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_031-med.jpg

2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_026-med.jpg

My father in law has the TTI with those(Dynomaxes) on the 70 Coronet R/T. They are stock sounding at idle-part throttle and really only wake up at WOT....if your looking for rumble its not the Dynomaxes, if your looking for stock sounding or want to quiet it down go with them.

cavemanmoron said:
I have the Super Turbo's on my Valiant, I like them.

My girlfriend said they made the car "echo" too much inside.

I added some sound deadner material to the floor under the rear seat,
because there was No padding/carpet etc. under the rear seat. :(

I also added some carpet padding to the trunk divider,and under the rear seat.

Now the car has lost the annoying resonance inside, but still has a nice sound.

:)
You can sort of see the padding behind the trunk divider cardboard,
I used 3m spray glue to attach it.

2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_031-med.jpg

2549headliner_project_64_Valiant_026-med.jpg

How long did it take you to install that sound deadner material?

roosduster said:
How long did it take you to install that sound deadner material?

A few hours, on a warm day. I used a utility knife to cut it,
and a small linoleum roller to push it down.
http://www.lowes.com/lowes/lkn?action=productDetail&productId=22139-570-97406&lpage=none

WALWorks
ComfortGrip® Seam Roller

Item #: 22139 Model: 97406
$5.98

I used some cheap stuff, there is better quality stuff.

http://www.forabodiesonly.com/mopar/showthread.php?t=8604

http://www.raamaudio.com/cgi-bin/index.cgi?p=pr

047719974062.jpg

047719974062.jpg

Sorry for the delay...
I went with the Xpipe but It hangs kind of low.
Still though, I'm happy, it's loud and I like it.
Good luck.
tony

dsc00325.jpg

the tti systems don't hang low at all. they are about as close as you are going to get under the car. i too got the tti 2.5 x system on my 340. i got the manifold system with the super turbo dynomax mufflers. it is very nice sounding. cabin sound like cavemanmoron said is pretty loud up to about 35-40 mph, then it quiets down nicely.

-
Back