Early A 273 valve covers

-

65dartcharger

Dart Charger 273 Historian
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
In 1964 the 273 was introduced to the public.
I'm not sure about the valve covers in 1964 but for 1965 there were different models. The left side valve cover were two models. Standard valve cover w/ignition cable holder and for the four barrel engines there were aluminium finned valve cover with ignition cable holder.
For the right side there were three different styles. What I know of the early 65s had a valve covers w/ignition cable holder, a holder for the heater hoses and a holder for the wiring harnes. In fall of 1964 that was changed to a standard valve cover w/ignition cable holder and a holder for the wiring harnes. I have searched info on production changes but nothing to be found.
The four barrel 273 had the aluminium finned valve cover with ignition cable and wiring holder.
If any FABO members has some knowledge about this it's very appriciated.

20240724_195031.jpg

On the 65 Barracuda 273/2 barrel built Mar 65 that I had, there was no bracket for the heater hose next to the PCV tube

Early covers with a hose bracket. interesting. They apparently changed the hose routing mid year. THey started with them and found a better way. (or cheaper)

My 65 ( built Dec 4, 1964 ) had hoses mounted on the inner fender and not across the valve cover.
20240724_145026.jpg

By '66, the heater hoses were not attached to anything. They were bound together and just floated with a aluminum strapped chunk of heater hose for protection against chafing.

-
Back