EARLY A body hooker header install P/N 5208 UPDATE!

-

DJVCUDA

Reaction score
The template they give you shows DOUBLE the size that was cut - since the motor was out it didn't need it - the hole is mainly for installation purposes

Hooker Header Early A 1-1.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 1-2.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 1-3.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 1-4.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 1-5.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Those are pretty nice looking. What size primary tube are they ? Any clue if your gonna have tire clearance issues ?

They are super comps, and i dont know what size they are

It's not my cuda, but went over a buddies shop to have a look - see for my car - I was considering these.

The one pic that shows 2 tubes thru the inner fender is the passenger side. They are so far back there are no problems - the drivers side has 3 tubes and they are tucked back but still appear to have tire issues.

The collectors are nice and high and they seem to be a good fit

I will know better when the motor goes in!

I wonder if they would fit later cars. The long collectors are for toque and they dont seem to hang as low as other headers.

Those are some bitchin headers!

I'd recommend ditching the 9" drums though. Shoot me an email off list and I'll give you the details on a disc brake setup for dirt cheap.

I have an older set of those headers. The primary tubes are 1 5/8 with a 2 1/2 collector. They get rubbed in hard turns. Everyone I know that has these has this problem, but we get over it. The instruction tell you to cut this mammoth hole in each fender but they are way oversized. Even with the engine installed. With these headers in my car I couldn't fit a oil filter in even with the 90 kit. So I opted for the remote oil filter.

Adam,

You're right! It isn't the Bog. Old habit's die hard. :eek:ops:

If it was the bog there would be someone asking about your mullet or wanting to show/trade you his crapmaro. :wack:

That is correct ! That was kinda funny, But I couldnt let some named G machine get the last word :mrgreen:

The tire clearance is pretty good, ALOT better then full fenderwells, the coardboard is for new sheetmetal template, to cover the holes from the template that hooker sends you ( keep in mind that the holes are 1/2 the size they recommend cutting!!?!??!)

the #2 tube will have to be unbolted, pulled out of the slip connector and laid down on the frame to be able to remove the oil filter.

the collectors are 2 1/2 " and the passengers side drops lower to accept the lopsided crossmember.

they gotta flow better then my splitfies, BUT they are a lot more work.

Hooker Header Early A 10-1.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-2.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-3.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-4.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-5.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-6.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-7.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-8.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-9.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-10.jpg

Hooker Header Early A 10-11.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I bet changing the plugs will be an 'interesting' experience. They do look nice though.

those fenderwell headers are lots better than they used to be:) remmeber a friend who had a bigblock dart and those headers he had was hitting every part of the engine compartment useles ground clearens and was basicly a pain in the ***..
but those on your pictures looks realy nice!

I got those on my 64 Valiant,and have been trouble free for 6 years,no leaks.The oil filter is kind of a pain,I take it out though the top between the firewall and the block.

wow i had no idea it was this hard to put v8 headers in an pre 67 a body :wack: it should be intresting changing spark plugs or the oil filter :eek: kinda a bummer you have to hack up a good interfender but you got to do what you got to do

Ouch! Cutting those holes has gotta hurt! With all due respect, your car looks great and I bet it goes.....It's your car, do what you like, but there's no way I'd do that to my car. I would splurge for Doug's headers or deal with Spitfires before that, or buy a car that was already cut. Just my view.

What I want to know is, are there any problems associated with the headers hanging down inside the fenderwell? Like water splashing up (if you're caught in the rain) or dirt or anything else? I suppose you have to make sure tire clearance isn't a problem before you start right?

wild1_Robertson said:
Are they still being made? I have never seen any in real life.

Harold will be making them, again, right after the first of the year. I will post the contact info at that time. He works a full time job, and has a family, so production will be limited.

Hopefully he has cleaned up his business practices. There are a few in the past that have paid for headers but never received them

Is there any advantage to the fenderwell headers in performence? I have heard that the fenderwells offer more performance.

-
Back