Early A-body package tray

-

Claydart

MOPAR to the very bones
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi all, is there anyone that has a original package tray for a 64 2-door HT Dart that can post a picture of it and measure it, and let me know the dimensions, please?

You can order a new one from Layson's. They have a variety of colors too.

I'm a bit leary of doing that. I ordered one from Classic Ind. and it was not the right shape! I just got another one from TNTparts and it showed the correct shape in the online picture, but it is an exact copy of the wrong one from CI. What I need is a picture of an original one to show the big auto parts brainiacs what they should look like.

I'm a bit leary of doing that. I ordered one from Classic Ind. and it was not the right shape! I just got another one from TNTparts and it showed the correct shape in the online picture, but it is an exact copy of the wrong one from CI. What I need is a picture of an original one to show the big auto parts brainiacs what they should look like.
Alyson’s is not “big auto.” Dave and Rick are on here all the time and do a great job all you need to do is call them and explain what you need. They have restored many of these cars themselves.
Good people.
Syleng1

Is there nobody that can measure the distance from one sail panel to the other at the window and again at the seat back for me?

The outfit you want to be talking to is REM Auto, who make the package trays for a giant range of cars, including pretty much all A-bodies. Been awhile since I had occasion to call them, but the REM people have always been responsive and helpful when I had detailed questions about parts, and I imagine if there's an issue that needs fixed, they'd like to know about it. Their research and detail work tends to be very good; they even know and cater for the difference between '60-'61 and '62 A-body package trays even though they're cross-compatible.

They don't sell directly to end-users, only through vendors; they're the source for a lot of the vendors, which is why it's worth spending a few minutes to do some comparison shopping—get the parts list for your car from REM and then ask Dante's for a quote, find out just how much excessively Layson is marking them up (for example), etc.

(I would not be shocked to learn outfits like Classic Industries and PG Classics are getting them out of China instead, tho).

Thanks, I will check with them next. I sure would like to have some definitive measurements from someone with a 64 GT though.

Well, could somebody that has a 64 Dart GT please take some measurements of their package tray, Please?
I am not having any luck finding the proper one for my car. It seems like most of the places selling them might have transposed the part numbers from 64 to 65 and vise versa. If that is the case, then fine, I will just order one for a 65.

Is the package tray any different between 64, 65, and 66?

I ended up just making my own. It's a pretty simple process.

Yes, they are slightly different. As far as I can tell anyway. TNT auto parts sold me one that I thought would fit better than the one that I bought from Classic Ind. which does not fit tight to the sail panels near the back window. It has a gap of about 1 1/2 inches at the window and tight to the sail panel at the top of the rear seat. But the TNT auto parts one is the same. And TNT told me that his was definitely for a 64. So what I really need is for somebody to give me the measurements of theirs so that I can compare to what I have. Right now I have two that don't fit.

-
Back