Early A Plymouth Dash Pad - WIW

-

65 Dartman

1 of None 65 Dart Sedan Delivery
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
A friend of mine has a dark brown Plymouth style early A dash pad that is in mint shape that he's considering selling. Did I say mint? Could almost pass for NOS. I'm thinking it would look really nice in my all gold interior Valiant or Barracuda. I've never seen a dark brown pad so it might be rare as well. Anyway, anyone have any thoughts on what it's worth other than whatever a buyer and seller can agree on.

Well, I can tell you that I had a really nice black dash pad out of a 66 Valiant that I listed on ebay a couple years ago. I was expecting MAYBE $150.00-200.00, but I was shocked when it went to $425.00. The buyer took his time answering so I thought that maybe he got in too deep and was gonna back out, so I messaged him after 30 days asking what his intentions were. I also messaged the 2nd and 3rd bidders offering it for their bids if the original bidder backed out. Not only did the winning bidder reply and send his money PRONTO when I told him about alerting the other bidders, but the 2nd and 3rd bidders were clamoring to get it. Of course, that was a couple years ago when the economy was better, but i would still expect at least $300.00, and probably more. They just ain't reproducing them yet and probably never will!!! Good luck with the sale, Geof

Hey Geof - thanks for the info. My friend hasn't set a price; just told me to make him a reasonable offer. I thought I'd start around $125-150 and see what happens. I don't really need it but would great to have as a spare or to add it to one of my gold interior cars. Then on the other hand, a $450 sale would sure help on stuff for my wagon.

-
Back