Early A trunk mat help!!

-

66340SEDAN

FABO Member #3649
Reaction score
Are the "early A" rubber trunk mats the same for 63-66? I have seen them on eBay and some say they are for 63-65, some say hardtop only, some say Dart only or Valiant only. Thay all look the same too me, shouldn't the trunk floors all be the same for 63-66? Any help would be great!! Thanks, Keith.

Hey Keith,
Dam,after doing some research I see what you mean.

Here is what I know.63-66 Dart is the same,unless it is a convertible which there is a different part number.Really not sure of the difference of the two,because I ordered a trunk mat for a 65 Dart and it fit fine in my 65 convertible.

As far as I know a A-body is a A-body as long as they stay within there years,63-66 or 67-73?.

I cant see how anything changed between 65 and 66 in a Valiant,because there were no changes in the Dart trunk between 65 and 66 Dart.

So in my opion a 63-66 Valiant trunk is the same.

I'm not wanting to start anything, but I don't think that they are the same. Dante's is where I got mine.

I know that the 63-66 Dart and Valiant are both the same. When I checked my trunk mats and they are from factory, the only different is the lenght of the mats over the rear end.

I got to question why anyone wants the rubber mat. That material doesn't breathe. It holds moisture under it which causes rust.

Good point. That is one reason you see so many rotted trunk floors. I got some of that ribbed floor mat from Home Depot. Cut to fit and placed with rib side down allows air in underneath it and still makes a nice tough trunk mat - much better than the OEM or repo stuff.

-
Back