Early A V8 throttle cable?

-

lilcuda

Reaction score
Anyone know where to find a V8 throttle cable for an early a body? Mine has a little kink that keeps the engine at a high idle when I let off the gas. I would like to avoid putting a bigger throttle return spring on the carb. I don't want to wear out the throttle shaft bores prematurely.

Thanks for any info.

What kind of shape is it in? How much do you want for it? Some pix would be great! Thanks.

The cable came with a cable throttle setup off a '65 Barracuda that I am going to use when I switch over from the rod setup on my '66 Valiant. Can't use the cable since it will be way too short for my slant. Do know that the cable is not frozen, has no kinks, no wear spots on the sheath, and what I can see of the cable is not rusty. If you want it PM an address and I'll get it out to you. Otherwise it goes in the trash eventually.

Here's a pic.

throttle cable.jpg

I used a stock one from a 73 Duster 318 2bbl on my 1966 Valiant 340 4bbl, works great!

Can anyone provide me the length of the cable. I have to replace mine for my 65 Barracuda, the ball snapped off the end. I found that bicycle brake cable is the same diameter and will work if I can manufacture a new linkage to the carb and connect them. thanks

http://www.imperialservices.net/Aparts.html

1964-1976 Throttle Cables

These new Throttle Cables are made of premium materials for long life and good looks. Billet stainless ends are fitted to a nylon lined housing, with a stainless steel inner member and clevis. Special lengths and custom ends available by special order.

Throttle Cables are $65 plus shipping

Good luck contacting anyone from Imperial Services. Have had a speedo cable on order for the last 3 months with no luck. They do not answer the phone & generally don't call back when you leave a message.

Can anyone provide me the length of the cable. I have to replace mine for my 65 Barracuda, the ball snapped off the end. I found that bicycle brake cable is the same diameter and will work if I can manufacture a new linkage to the carb and connect them. thanks

You can get a lead split shot sinker and solder it back onto the end of the cable if you cant find a suitable replacement. Just heat the lead until it flows into the braid. Bike cable works good to as it is a little thinner and more flexible, as well as stainless. Use solder on the cable where its cut to keep it from unraveling. The Slant AC cars got a cable didnt they? Otherwise accelerator cables many lengths) are usually about 14 bucks special order from Autozone/O'reilly.

-
Back