Early hemi value?

-

crawsfire

Reaction score
Any input? supposed to be a running 331. Guy wants $1500. Thanks!

00L0L_lVOrH8rN1ci_1200x900.jpg

Only if it runs and runs good. No skips, good oil pressure, no abnormal noises. The good news is, it's the short bellhousing. The 51-53 engines has an extended bellhousing flange on the block. Unless you can hear it run, it's just a core. I paid 400 dollars for mine and ended up the guy sent me 100 back because he thought it was a 354. He insisted. here's mine now. Looked much worse than yours when I got it.

HEMI AFTER.jpg

Only if it runs and runs good. No skips, good oil pressure, no abnormal noises. The good news is, it's the short bellhousing. The 51-53 engines has an extended bellhousing flange on the block. Unless you can hear it run, it's just a core. I paid 400 dollars for mine and ended up the guy sent me 100 back because he thought it was a 354. He insisted. here's mine now. Looked much worse than yours when I got it.

View attachment 1715424923

Still waiting on the install in the valiant !! 'get it running and driving ". LOL

Looks like a Desoto Hemi to me. Get the numbers from the block in front of the valley cover then go to the Hot Heads site see what it is. Go from there. I bought a running 330 Desoto Fire Flite Hemi for $2500.

56 Desoto 330 Hemi 7.JPG

Think it would be kick *** !

It would and don't think I haven't thought about it. I caint do it. The slant six is just perfect for this car. It's a match made in heaven.

Looks like a Desoto Hemi to me. Get the numbers from the block in front of the valley cover then go to the Hot Heads site see what it is. Go from there. I bought a running 330 Desoto Fire Flite Hemi for $2500.

View attachment 1715424976

Yeah but yours looks like it actually RAN at the time of purchase. I always love how people try to sell a "running engine" with plug wires missing or off and zero gas electrics hooked up. If you caint hit the switch and hear it run at the time of purchase, it's a core. Even mine. That's why when I tried to sell it the few times I did I always offered to tear it apart so the potential buyer could see what's in it.

I heard it run on a test stand before I paid that price plus it was an unmollested original 4 barrel engine. We both know what it costs to bring these little darlings back to their glory. I was just going to drop it in the 67 Barracuda a couple years ago. Still sitting there, maybe this winter...

-
Back