Easier way to lube

-

Yote

Reaction score
image.jpeg
For those who don't have a pump I have designed an easier way to lube a manual transmission . Made from a small propane bottle. Blazed in a schrader valve and different threaded fitting.
Added a quarter turn ball valve and tube to bottom of bottle. Fill with your lube of choice leaving room to pressurize . Pressurize and use. I think the picture should be self explanatory.
Yote

GREAT--------I did this same thing with a 30 lb MT refrigerant jug. Welded a big pipe nipple in the top to fill, and an air fitting. Brazed a steel brake tube down from the top to the bottom for a "pickup"

I just stick a large-diameter straw down thru the tight fitting nipple-cap, and a short hose, and just squeeze the living daylights out of the plastic bottle.
But I sure like your idea. I'll keep it in mind for next time, cuz as I get older, I get less excited about squeezing the jug.

I just use a funnel with a long piece of plastic clear hose attached.
Hang the funnel from the hood and just pour the fluid in, let gravity pull it down.
Cheap and easy.

I just use a funnel with a long piece of plastic clear hose attached.
Hang the funnel from the hood and just pour the fluid in, let gravity pull it down.
Cheap and easy.
Me too. Works well.

-
Back