Edelbrock heads and cam break in

-

71violet

Reaction score
Looking for some opinions. Should I be putting some weak stock springs in my heads for cam break in? The seat pressure is 120, and they are a single spring. Open pressure is 320. I'm going to run stock rockers for the break in. Cam is a Voodoo 200703, exhaust lift is highest at .513. I have comp cams additive, and rotella 15w40 to put in. I've got the run down on the procedure for start up.

you should be fine as thats the same cam and heads I have, and I did my break-in with the springs that came with the cam. I do run a zinc additive.

I did mine with a comp double spring, no problems but x2 on the zinc additive.

you most likely will not be able to use a vacume advance with that cam either. ( I talked to a tech. at Lunatti about this) I messed around with mine but it never really worked correctly with the lower amount of manifold vacume. I eliminated the vacume and modified my distributer to use all mechanical advance. Mines at 36 degrees total, and all in at 2000 rpm.

Interesting info on the vacuum advance, thanks for the input everyone:cheers:

Run it as is and prime the oil system before start up.

FYI I had the same thought with my eddy heads and comp cam. That way I would only have to make the swap once and not have to do the extra work of removing the inner spring on the new sprinds. CompCams recommened I don't use the stock springs for the brake in. They said I should make the switch to the new springs minus the inner springs first because they needed some break in aswell with the new cam.

I haven't gotten that far yet, just passing on the info givin to me.

I did just the opposite...took the stock eddy springs off..and put a set of dual spring on the heads...the dual springs got about 140 lbs on the seat...

never have had a problem breaking in a new cam with dual springs....

Oh how I love roller cams with no break in :twisted:

Because roller setups are freakin great! Makes life so much easier and the fact they bring you into your power curve sooner and keep you there longer, what's not to love lol (well maybe the price). It's a great product so I'm just trying to put the word out there for everyone lol!

well..since you quoted me before I deleted it...there it is..my rant.....

you spend your money on a roller..great...I prefer to spend my money on a flat tappet...as you can see in my signature I have pretty good success with flat tappet cams...

-
Back