Edelbrock Pro Flo 4 injection 340 motor any test out there?

-

Dennis Hilliard

Reaction score
I have looked hours on the internet for some dyno test that would have involved this set up. I have a pretty good motor with a 6 pack, reworked carbs, Extrude Honed manifold, it works well. But like the idea of the Edelbrock for injection, if there is some more power to be had with it plus the other things that come with FI. Any help out there?

Peter has one on his 340, and has done a few other installs. He knows the ins, outs and issues with these, so I was just tagging him so he sees this thread and can help you out

I’m running two ProFlo EFI setups. A ProFlo3 on an 408 and ProFlo4 On a 340. There are a couple threads here from a few years ago that cover the issue with the system. The timing issue may have possibly been fixed by now.

I doubt you’ll gain any power increase but you’ll definitely gain the other benefits of EFI(my opinion)

The system is pretty straightforward but there will probably be some tweaking to get things right with some of the settings which are easy to do if you understand the system.

As for a dyno test I don’t have one.

Last edited:
I have looked hours on the internet for some dyno test that would have involved this set up. I have a pretty good motor with a 6 pack, reworked carbs, Extrude Honed manifold, it works well. But like the idea of the Edelbrock for injection, if there is some more power to be had with it plus the other things that come with FI. Any help out there?
The Edelbrock system is a black box. It can't be adjusted and you can't run data logs. I would never recommend buying any Edelbrock EFI stuff. If you want to go EFI then look into the stuff that Holley sells. They have throttle body kits and port injection kits.

I am sorry but I don't see anything about the EFI.
When you use this symbol “ @ “ in front of a screen name, in this case “Bergmanautocraft”, it will send an alert to that member saying “Someone mentioned you in a thread” and give you the threads link so you can see and read it.

It was not a link to anything else.

“Bergmanautocraft” is Mr. Bergman and he is into the automotive world big time. I visited him at his shop on Long Island sometime ago. A HUGE place it was.

He is very knowledgeable and has some really good parts for sale to upgrade your car with.

When he pops in he will see this thread and respond.

AndyF should be paid attention to. He has done some really cool things on this board and it has made it into print. He certainly knows a thing or two, for sure.

-
Back