Electric choke coversions

-

Richie

Reaction score
Hi everybody:

Just wondering if anyone of you have used one of these and do they work? Also where's the best place to get your power source from?

Choke Kits - Holley: 45-224 KEYWORD - Free Shipping on Orders Over $99 at Summit Racing

51087896476_a3743bb3fa_b.jpg

Last edited:
If you put them on the correct carb they work fine. Just like the carbs that come with electric chokes. You need power from a switched source. Many hook up to the power side of the ballast resistor. It seems to work.

Sure they work, it is what it is. Lots of people forgo them. It's a timing thing that needs adjusting and it will change with the weather but if you want an automatic choke, go for it. You just need to understand how it works and how it doesn't.

I really don't want one it's the stupid choke cables that are the problem. They just buckle ...even under the choke spring pressure

Plenty of folks here will attest to simply getting rid of it altogether.

A TX guy talking to a Canadian guy!
Ha ha!

Slant Six Dan always recommended a particular electric choke. Cant remember off hand. Not the Holley.

A TX guy talking to a Canadian guy!
Ha ha!

Slant Six Dan always recommended a particular electric choke. Cant remember off hand. Not the Holley.

If I hate the electric one that I just ordered...I'll find something that works

It's in and it works fine. I have an idea though. Start up a business and manufacture manual choke cables with some meat to them that work and make some money.

-
Back