Electric choke on Slant Six

-

Hyper Kevin

Reaction score
Does anyone out there run a slant six with electric choke? There's someone on ebay who sells them for $50, and I'm curious as to how much it really helps reduce stalling and rough idle.

Hey Guy,

Dont Know If You Got Access To A Napa Store Around You But Thats Where I Got Mine,i Think I Paid 20.00 Bucks Fot It ,dont Quite Remember The Part # Though.check Em Out

Bob

The choke only has an effect when the engine is cold. Once warmed up, the choke is out of the picture. If yours is stalling and running rough when warm a choke won't help a thing.

Does anyone out there run a slant six with electric choke? There's someone on ebay who sells them for $50, and I'm curious as to how much it really helps reduce stalling and rough idle.
It might be better to check your carb and intake manifold gaskets for fuel/air/vacuum leaks instead of the electric choke. Like Rusty said once your engine is warmed up the choke won't help.

Vixen has a nice electric choke on her Quick Fuel 450, but I don't have it hooked up and it's wide open. She busts right off and will idle within 20 seconds.

The choke only has an effect when the engine is cold. Once warmed up, the choke is out of the picture. If yours is stalling and running rough when warm a choke won't help a thing.

how long should it warm up for, 10, 15 years?

laugh.gif

Vixen has a nice electric choke on her Quick Fuel 450, but I don't have it hooked up and it's wide open. She busts right off and will idle within 20 seconds.
Yeah, but it isn't fair that GA doesn't get as cold as we further north do, either.

Yeah, but it isn't fair that GA doesn't get as cold as we further north do, either.
I've always thought it wasn't fair that yall get all the snow. So there's that. lol

Hell, I didn't even notice that....I just felt like arguin. LMAO
i didnt really want to argue, i wanted to be outside working on that wood shelter we discussed...but i didnt feel like going out in the snow

i didnt really want to argue, i wanted to be outside working on that wood shelter we discussed...but i didnt feel like going out in the snow
I say again......you live up there. LOL

it doesnt make much sense to me either, i moved up here to marry a latina...i was expecting weather that better matched her temperament
Yeah, you'd think they would like warm weather. I know, some lefty will call me racist for using "they" but you know I didn't mean it like that.

Now while you're talkin about snow, I gotta go move two trucks so I can cut grass around um.

you don't want snow. It's novelty wears off by the time your in your 20s. Snow means work, snow means salty roads and RUST......
Id SO MUCH rather mow grass than blow snow. Any day.

you don't want snow. It's novelty wears off by the time your in your 20s. Snow means work, snow means salty roads and RUST......
Id SO MUCH rather mow grass than blow snow. Any day.
I just got done with the grass. Or rather weeds. They always come up first in the season and then the Bermuda grass comes up with a vengeance and just kills the **** outta everything that ain't grass. lol

Mine does the opposite. Comes up real nice at the beginning and then about mid season the crabgrass takes over and chokes out the nice grass. I've poured so much time and crabgrass preventer into this place in ready to plow it all under and start over

-
Back