Electric fuel pump cut off switch?????

-

Dustedu2

Reaction score
What is the best safety switch to use for electric fuel pump. I think I have an oil pressure switch but not sure how to wire it and can't find instructions. It has 3 connectors on it.

you wanting to be able to just shut the pump off, or have it shut itself off in case of an emergency??

What is the best safety switch to use for electric fuel pump. I think I have an oil pressure switch but not sure how to wire it and can't find instructions. It has 3 connectors on it.

One possibility. You'll have to use a meter/ test lamp to figure out which terminals are which. You should be able to "jerry rig" it to your air compressor to determine the terminals

With the switch "not pressurized" use a meter/ light to see which terminals show continuity. These two will be "one of them" NC, the other C

With the switch "pressurized" again use a meter / light to see which two terminals show continuity. These two will be "one of them" NO, the other C.

Pay attention between the two tests above to see which terminal you used in both tests, this one will be the C--common

So C is common

NO is normally open with no pressure

NC is normally closed with no pressure

You should use a pump relay, so hook the coil of the relay where this shows "pump"

"Starter" means you hood the "nc" terminal to your start wire going to the start relay which comes from the ign switch--that is the push on terminal on your start relay. This "fires" the pump relay when cranking

The n.o. terminal goes to your blue "ignition run" wire running to the ballast resistor

fuelpumpoilsw.gif

One possibility. You'll have to use a meter/ test lamp to figure out which terminals are which. You should be able to "jerry rig" it to your air compressor to determine the terminals

With the switch "not pressurized" use a meter/ light to see which terminals show continuity. These two will be "one of them" NC, the other C

With the switch "pressurized" again use a meter / light to see which two terminals show continuity. These two will be "one of them" NO, the other C.

Pay attention between the two tests above to see which terminal you used in both tests, this one will be the C--common

So C is common

NO is normally open with no pressure

NC is normally closed with no pressure

You should use a pump relay, so hook the coil of the relay where this shows "pump"

"Starter" means you hood the "nc" terminal to your start wire going to the start relay which comes from the ign switch--that is the push on terminal on your start relay. This "fires" the pump relay when cranking

The n.o. terminal goes to your blue "ignition run" wire running to the ballast resistor

fuelpumpoilsw.gif
Thats the one I have, I think it might be labled in marker ( C, NC, and NO) this is helpful Thanks.......

you wanting to be able to just shut the pump off, or have it shut itself off in case of an emergency??
emergency if engine stops with key on. I Think the posted diagram will tell me how to wire it........Thanks

-
Back