eletronic ign w/ dual ballast, converting to msd

Electrical and Ignition

1. forced 340

forced 340 Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    6:59 PM
    Hey gang. I have a 73 swinger I will be putting msd on. Its got stock electronic ign. with a dual ballast. I have done a lot of msd installs, but not one on a car with a dual ballast. Do I just tie the connect all the wires together? Connect top and bottom separate? Thanks for any input!

2. 67Dart273

67Dart273 FABO Gold Member FABO Gold Member

Local Time:
    4:59 PM
    There are actually only two that need to be connected. You can then use the original coil + wire to feed the 'small red' on the MSD The second "half" of the resistor fed back to the module, so it is not used

Easy way to identify--put meter on coil+, and turn key to "run." Leave the two on one end of the resistor which are jumpered together alone. Pull one of the other two. If the meter drops that is the one you want to jumper to the ones on the other end of the resistor.

Follow MSD destructions closely and NOTE Do NOT connect ANY other wiring to the coil with an MSD. Not the original radio cap, and not your tach. ONLY the two wires from the MSD should be connected to coil

• Like Like x 2
    1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
      By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.