Eng is in my 63 !

-

383man

Reaction score
I am still alive as I haven't posted here in a bit. I have been busy getting my eng together for my 63 and dropped it in last weekend. Ah what a nice site. I still have alot to do and I ordered my driveshaft yesterday but I hope to be ready to fire her up in about 2 weeks. Here is a pic of that 440...er I mean 426 Max Wedge. Ron

175918665.jpg

Wow, very nice! Now you can give your son a run for the money! Is your engine a 440 w/ Max wedge heads,...... crossram next?

Love that body style on the 63! and that 426 sitting in that beautiful engine compartment! PRICELESS! Very nice looking ride :thumbup: I had a really nice 64 Plymouth Fury that was a real 426 Wedge car ,beautiful body but not as pretty or shiny as yours.I was going to do it all up but traded it for my first 1969 340 Dart Swinger.About two months later I was able to purchase my 2nd 1969 Dart 340 Swinger I had been trying to buy for many years.If I had known the 2nd swinger was going to be for sale I would have kept the 64 Plymouth.Well maybe Sweetie will let me have a really nice 63 or 64 B body in the future! Beautiful car keep the pics coming as it progresses along!

Bobby Dodson

Thanks for the kind replies. I want it to look like a Max Wedge clone and I plan to go with the crossram later when my funds can afford it. It is an original 383 Golden Comando car. I have allways wanted and loved the Max Wedge cars and figured I could never afford one. But my buddy gave me one great deal to get this car and this will have to be my Max Wedge car as it fits my budget. And the 63 Ply Sport Fury was always my favorite of all the Max Wedge cars. Yes it is a 440 cloned to look like a Max Wedge 426 and I even have the 426 SuperStock II stickers to go on later. I actually sold my Dart to my son to get this car and I never thought I would sell my Dart but I had to have this car. It is a .030 over 440 with the stock crank and KB pistons. I used 906 heads I ported heavily and I installed 2.14 and 1.81 vales. Also milled them for a true 10.0 comp so I can run 93 pump. It has the MP .557 cam with Isky iron rockers. For now I will use the Holley Street Dominator and the 850 DP and I will see how much I can get out of it. Then later when I switch to the crossram I will see if I can get it to out perform the single 850 setup. It may not but as long as it's close it will be worth it to me just to see the look's on people's face when I lift the hood and have that real Max Wedge look. Thanks again for the kind replies. Here is another shot getting ready to drop her in. Ron

175201217.jpg

-
Back