Engine compartment wiring harness

-

crewchief

A & P Mechanic
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hello my A Body friends,
I know this is not the site to ask this question, but need to know if anyone out there in the Mopar world can help me out.

My brother-in-law has a 79 Lil' Red Express (owned for over 33 years) which is desperate need for a new engine compartment wiring harness.

Does anyone know where he can purchase this harness; M & H doesn't do the Dodge trucks.
Which is too bad because their harness for my Duster was perfect.

Your help/guidance is very appreciated.
Jack

His only option is finding a NOS from ebay/message boards IF he wants to keep it all original. If he doesn't mind using different color wire, he could rewire the engine bay harness one wire at a time and source some new connectors...he should clean the bulkhead connections while he's at it. I have a LRE and rewired the entire truck with an aftermarket harness. I figured if I was going through the trouble might as well make it all new all at once to help eliminate problems down the road. Plus I got rid of that bulkhead connector and a better fuse box to boot.

His only option is finding a NOS from ebay/message boards IF he wants to keep it all original. If he doesn't mind using different color wire, he could rewire the engine bay harness one wire at a time and source some new connectors...he should clean the bulkhead connections while he's at it. I have a LRE and rewired the entire truck with an aftermarket harness. I figured if I was going through the trouble might as well make it all new all at once to help eliminate problems down the road. Plus I got rid of that bulkhead connector and a better fuse box to boot.
Thanks for the input fishfly, I'll pass it along to him. He's looking for a plug n' play harness, wants to stick with OEM if at all possible.

-
Back