Engine Quest heads on 340

-

Lil Demon

Reaction score
Has anybody tried EngineQuest heads on a 340, would they work? They seem to flow pretty good out of the box.

Never heard of them. You ever heard of a link?

Hey:

Hughes has good tech on these heads. You would have to do clearancing to the heads if you're running a flat tappet camshaft (Hughes does this for extra $$$), you'd also have the regular conversion to magnum heads type stuff.

I run the 1.9 intake EQ heads on my Dart, got them from Hughes. I'm really impressed to say the very least. They are a big upgrade performance-wise over the stock Magnums. If you get them, have them set up for improved springs from the get-go.

Has anybody tried EngineQuest heads on a 340, would they work? They seem to flow pretty good out of the box.

ootb they show to flow about as well as a 2.02 x/j head, but with a better chamber shape that if taken advantage of, can make more hp and tolerate lower octane w/ higher comp ratios.

Great head for a 340. Maybe a little small for a racey deal, but for most street builds they would be fantastic.

If your pistons stick out of the block like early 340s do you'll have to run some thicker head gaskets for clearance. If your pistons are zero deck no problem. The RHS heads would be a better choice if your budget allows. Otherwise the EQs are the next best thing. If you go with EQs you'll have to convert to push rod oiling but that is not that big of a deal.

Thanks for the replies. After doing a little more research, I found the same thing myself in regards to the RHS heads.

-
Back