Engine shops near Warren/Ravenna OH

-

Mopar44134

Reaction score
Hopefully going drag racing this year, its been years since the Barracuda was on the road. I wanted to pull the heads and do some clean up on the ports. Im looking for a good shop to have the valve job done, check for cracks and flatten them. I live in between Warren and Ravenna. I Work 5 minutes from Summit Racing.

Thanks!

Michael's Automotive used to be a pretty good Mopar shop if they're still in business. They're off of I-271.
I asked a long time Mopar racer (Alcohol Dragster and Funny cars) and that's who he recommended.

Small world! I'm only 40 minutes from you down in Salem Oh.
Larry Shepard in Akron has done work for Me in the past that I was happy with. Shepards automotive I believe it's called. There is also minors in Niles.

I haven't had any work done outside of BluePrint for a long time, so no idea what prices are anymore. My biased conclusion over the last few years has become that it doesn't take much engine work to get into the "A BluePrint Engines 408 is a better buy than a rebuild" given warranty and dyno tested, but if you truly are just getting heads cleaned up, Larry Shepard or Shawn Minor, I'm sure can fix you up.

Thanks Guys. Garage/shop this year along with some bracket racing. New motor is a way off.

Divers performance in Beloit, Minors performance in Lordstown, Tubs Automotive in Austintown. As mentioned above Micheal’s is a very good shop too.

-
Back