Not open for further replies.

Princess Valiant

A.K.A. Rainy Day Auto
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Contact seller
I am looking for an engine to transmission bracket like the one in this picture. It bolts just below the starter on driver side of the engine.

It must come from a car that had a manual transmission. Manual trans only had the little tab for the clutch fork spring and the one from an auto will be clocked slightly different ( I tried one from an auto already)

this is for a 1972 car so I am not sure if early As had the same part but I am sure 68-76 should work.

Attachments

• 20150118_150905.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 140
  • 20150118_150910.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 140
Mine looks different. Bend at the opposite edge of the pointy side, and no tab and hole for spring....

I think that is a 66 vintage engine that it's on....

hmmmm yea ...I was out in the yard looking and comparing and I am starting to think the early ones are wayyy different .......even the ones for the autos changed ....not sure if 69 or 70 is the year they changed to the style I am looking for.

I will keep it in mind and do some more comparing ....Thanks Mr. Karl

BTW: why would you have a beautiful slant out in the snow :banghead: that belongs in the shop or better yet under a hood running :D

BTW: why would you have a beautiful slant out in the snow :banghead: that belongs in the shop or better yet under a hood running :D

That's an old engine that I consider a core for rebuilding or getting parts off of.

I don't have enough room in the garages for it as they are full of cars and other engines.... :banghead:

I have a complete 66 slant 6 in the garage with a trans bolted to it as my "primary spare".... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back