EngineTech

-

1973_Scamp

Reaction score
Hello FABO
I'm looking for bottom end rebuild kits for 1973 "318".
Search around and found:
[ame="http://www.ebay.com/itm/Engine-Rebuild-Kit-Dodge-Chrysler-Mopar-318-5-2L-OHV-V8-1970-1973-/301330256456?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item4628aed248&vxp=mtr"]Engine Rebuild Kit Dodge Chrysler Mopar 318 5 2L OHV V8 1970 1973 | eBay[/ame]
Need advice on EngineTech.
Should I or Should I not? Why?

Thanks,

I'm not sure what all your looking for. Pistons. Or just a re ring kit. I'd check northern auto parts. Their kits have name brand components. Don't know about the seller you listed so no help there.

I might just be old and internet dumb, but I'm having a hard time following that site...not to mention what the prices are?

Are you doing all the machine work and assembly yourself? If you are going with a machine shop to do most of the work, talk to them about it and explain that you're on a budget and trying to save some $$$ with this overhaul/build. Most shops will work with you when they supply the parts you're talking about, and you want to have some "warranty" for their work if possible.

If this is all on your own, look for one of the kits from a big box. Might be a little more expensive, but most offer superior components for what you're doing.

-
Back