epoxy primer_buy on Ebay????

-

barbee6043

barbee 6043
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
I been advised to use epoxy primer on metal I treated with Ospho (phosphoric acid solution to kill surface pitted rust). question is does anyone have an history on epoxy primers that can bought off ebay?????? local auto paint store pretty proud of even their lesser brands. just wondering.... thanks

Eastwood sells good products...I bought my epoxy primer from them .Cost me little over $ 100.00 shipped to my door. Haven't shot it yet but have read good reviews. They sell on E-Bay if you want to go that route.

I buy all my paint and primer online. For primer products and urethane reducers I use http://www.southernpolyurethanes.com/

Check out my build thread in the signature below(or their site) for some of the uses. Their epoxy kicks ***, be sure you neutralize that acid with plenty or water prior to sealing it up with epoxy. The only products I am aware of that are to be applied directly to rust for encapsulation are POR-15 and Rustbullet. These are thicker products that work great on the undercarriage or hidden areas.

thanks for the replies. I am allergic to auto paint in general, the epoxy I mix and apply with foam brush where I have to and where I will put filler on. I can hardly stand to smell it in a can, dang sure can't spray it!!!! I use the ospho where the metal has pitted, perhaps a self etcher would be just as good, donno!? where I take it to bare metal and no pitted surface rust, I have had my guy shoot self- etch primer.
my poor boy method of body/paint work Is I d a it to bare metal, treat pitted areas with acid, epoxy over those spots then body filler can go directly on epoxy, other wise where self etch primer is used, a sealer goes on that before filler. ido all the patch work, pound out what dingS I can, I have to find someone that will spray it for fair labor costs, NOT what body guys figure paint work at!!!!!!! I have shot sanding primers outside and they even mess me up.

Some of the epoxies don't play well with the acid. SPI says not to use their epoxy over acid treated metal. They also advise not to use it over soda blasted metal.

TCP Global sells their Kustom line of primers on ebay as well as there website. Ive used them and not much to compare it to but I like it.

-
Back