Evaporator Source

-

'64 Dart

Reaction score
Good Day to All
It has been many a day since I posted as my beloved '64 Dart left me years ago.
Fast forward to today. I am in the process of parting with a '68 Super Bee that I have owned for 22 years. Once the Bee is gone the only vintage Mopar in the man cave is my '65 Newport.
I am looking online at a '67 Barracuda convertible (never owned a 'ragtop') the Barracuda is equipped with 318 2V, P/S, automatic and A/C.
The A/C is un-hooked so I am assuming that just about everything will have to re-placed.
My question concerns parts sources. Has anyone out there dealt with Auto AC Solutions ?
So far, they are the only ones I have found that carry evaporators.
Mind you, I do not own the '67 yet, nor do I know for certain what all it will need to resurrect the A/C. Just gathering information at this point.
Thanks to All who respond
'64 Dart

The AC in my '69 had been unhooked since 1982. I removed original Evaporator Core, pressure tested it to 100 psi, flushed it, sprayed coil cleaner on it, and reinstalled. Works great.

When I was thinking about replacing mine, I found Cooler Classics was the best choice. It sounds like they reproduce them by using actual factory examples. EBay sellers have them and they all seemed to be Cooler Classics. I ended up flushing and using my original. The way they are constructed, they shouldn't leak unless they are physically damaged. They're not made like a heater core. Good luck.

-
Back