exaust manifold paint

-

dr.demon

dr.demon
Reaction score
Hey, I'me getting ready to paint my stock exaust manifolds and would like to know what procucts some of you have used, :book: that doesnt burn off and make the exaust manifold rust. The engine is a 340 if that makes a difference. :salut: Thanks in advance Tony

OK I found the web site. Did you guys purchase the kit or just the exaust manifold paint, it looks like you brush it on let sit for 24 hrs and put another coat on. It also talks about heating to 400 degrees before applying second coat, is that how you guys did it and did you use and oven to reach the 400 degrees.
I know its alot of questions but I dont want to spend alot of money on this stuff and have it not work correctly. Thanks in advance Tony :salut:

I bought the 2-step kit. A cleaner that worked excellent and the paint!!!

I let it run for a while and took them off again for the second coat. The wife wouldn't let me use the oven. Go figure.:sign5:

onehellofadart said:
I bought the 2-step kit. A cleaner that worked excellent and the paint!!!

I let it run for a while and took them off again for the second coat. The wife wouldn't let me use the oven. Go figure.:sign5:

Thanks alot I dont think my wife will let me use the oven either :wack:

I believe you have to heat them up before you clean them also. I did this on the car

Use a small wire brush and they clean up pretty good!!!

I have always blasted mine and then painted with Bill Hirsch's paint and had no problem of paint peeling/burning off.

As I have been using his engine paints for over 30 years and never had to repint an engine yet :thumblef:

And he's about the same cost of Por-15.

Anybody know how long this stuff will last on hot exhaust manifolds?

As for Bill H's paint ... never heard of that? Where would one look for it?

~Bill

-
Back