Exhaust Ideas?

-

72dustyer

All go, no show
Reaction score
so all I have to do is put the driveshaft in and figure out some sort of exhaust system. I got the 3"TTI headers and they fit well, easy to install good clearance etc. Now I need to figure out a X-over sys and muffler setup. I heard all of the soundbytes and they all sound real nice, any reccomendations? Id like to get minimal (as possible) interior noise, with who cares exterior noise.

No matter what mufflers you choose it will probably be loud in the car. Sound deadening material on the floor and roof will help tons. I have the dynomax super turbos and 2 1/2" tti x pipes and it is pretty loud in the car. There are a lot of good mufflers out there so choose one you like the sound of. I will go with Dynomax or Flowmaster.

If you want quiet inside the car, DO NOT GO WITH FLOWMASTER. Or any other chamber styled muffler. You want a straight thru/fiberglass packed muffler. I replaced my Flowmasters with MagnaFlows (Dynomax would have worked too) because I was sick of the interior resonance. After a 30 minute ride I couldn't hear myself think with the Flowmasters. The MagnaFlows are much better for regular driving, but still bellow when you stand on it.

I have flowmasters with an X pipe on my 73 Duster. It is a 2 1/2 system.
Full tailpipes to rear bumper. I can cruise for hours. Don't have that much
noise in the car. The X pipe did change the sound out the back, but for
the better. I have no problems with Flowmaster Deltaflows. I would say,
use them. Good luck. Brian Kaplan aka Green Duster

I have heard that the straight-thru style mufflers have a really nasaly/percussive sound without that good rumble. Is that the case, or have I misunderstood? I just have Summit brand chamber mufflers on my 2.5" system, and I really just bought them so that I'd be legal until I found some mufflers that I really liked.

-
Back