Exhaust manifold ?

-

purplebeast

Reaction score
Hi all, I've got a question regarding exhaust manifolds on my Dart. Would the larger 340 hi-po manifolds kill the bottom end with my 273? I'll be running an Edelbrock performer intake (small runner), 302 heads w 1.88/1.60 valves, intake port matched, mildly ported. Cam is a Comp Cams XE256H, .447/.455 lift. The car currently has dual 2" pipes with the stock 273 exhaust manifolds.

Thanks

Nope, they'd be an excellent match for a built 273. And if you find 2 sets, I could use one too..lol

moper said:
Nope, they'd be an excellent match for a built 273. And if you find 2 sets, I could use one too..lol

Sorry, I've been dragging around the set I have for 20 years, finally have a car to use them on. Paid $125.00 for them back then!

340duster said:
put them on ebay and buy a set of tti's with the money!

Nah,I'm keeping the Dart as stock-original looking as possible. Going for a resto-clone Swinger 340 look.

onehellofadart said:
What are they worth off a 1970 340 motor? 8-[

Tony if you have a set of 70 style 340 manifolds they sell for about $300-$400 dollars. :thumrigh:

I need to remove mine to either free up the heat riser or remove it all together.

This car never sees winters so I don't think I'll miss it much.

Question:

What colour do I paint them...black, grey???? and do I prime first or just hit 'em with high heat paint?

Thanks

-
Back