Exhaust manifolds from a 1994+ magnum

-

Bronze Barracuda

Reaction score
So I bought some manifolds that I thought were the two and 1/8 in outlet opening but they turned out to be the later model 94 and up exhaust manifolds. The guy advertised them as the early model manifolds with the two and 1/8 inch opening which I already had one of which I am going to use on my 68 Barracuda I have the driver's side 340 exhaust manifold so I am just going to use the bigger 2 1/8 Magnum one on the passenger side. But the other two I bought thinking they were the 2 1/8. But unfortunately they are the 1 7/8 and I was going to use them on a Ramcharger I'm just curious how well these flow compared to what would have come stock on an 81 360? I think they are referred to as log style?
I thought they looked a little small when I picked them up but I was in a rush and picked them up on my way home after work only to realize when I got home that they were not the correct ones, lesson learned.

The 2 1/8 manifold casting number is 53009376
The 1 7/8 are 53010186 and 53010187

PXL_20240627_024147889.jpg

Since you're running manifolds, I'm assuming this isn't a barn burning build. So just asking, how much difference do you think you would feel with 1/4" bigger outlets? That's 1/8 (.125") per side. Not a dealbreaker, I promise you. In fact, you might not notice it at all.

Since you're running manifolds, I'm assuming this isn't a barn burning build. So just asking, how much difference do you think you would feel with 1/4" bigger outlets? That's 1/8 (.125") per side. Not a dealbreaker, I promise you. In fact, you might not notice it at all.
Yes, you bet it's not going to be a barn burner. But what if any difference is there with the older mid 70s log type manifolds. As now I'm thinking maybe I'll use the old 360 manifolds that have the center dump and maybe save these 1 7/8 manifolds for a future build?

i don't think there'd be a gnat's *** of difference betwixt the two in a mild application. or at least not enough to pick up on butt dyno-- even a calibrated one.

Yes, you bet it's not going to be a barn burner. But what if any difference is there with the older mid 70s log type manifolds. As now I'm thinking maybe I'll use the old 360 manifolds that have the center dump and maybe save these 1 7/8 manifolds for a future build?
I just don't think you'd ever notice a difference at your power level. I think manifolds is manifolds. lol

-
Back