1. NiceFishEh

NiceFishEh Well-Known Member

Local Time:
    1:14 PM
    Hey Guys:

As I suspected, the heat riser in my 340 HP exhaust manifold is 90% closed and rusted solid.

Problem No.1

When I remove the front and rear manifold bolts, is coolant susposed to drain out thru the bolt holes? Please say yes!

Problem No. 2

The angled oil filter adapter needs to come out so the manifold will clear. What the hell size socket does it take? It's not 1 1/8 or 1 1/4. Can't buy a 1 3/16.

Problem No.3

The cast has a small crack where the pivot bar goes thru the heat riser. Is brazing the best way to repair it?

I want to remove the flap and bar portion inside the pipe and weld the rest solid so I don't have any holes to fill in. Please advise.

Problem No. 4

No manifold gasket!!! just that tin heat deflector. Should I chuck the deflector and just use the gasket or use both?

So much for a five minute job!!!

Thanks

2. moparPW200guy

moparPW200guy Mopar freak!!!!

Local Time:
    6:14 AM

well i can help on #4..... use both. if the heat deflector is not htere you WILL burn your plug wires unless you figure out a way to protect them. at least on the drivers side. pass side i wouldn't worry.

i hope this helps.

3. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl 68 cuda 383 project

Local Time:
    8:14 AM
    Yes, the water jackets are connected to the end exhaust stud holes.

I threaded and pipe plugged my riser shaft holes.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalize content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.