Expected Improvements for 2021 ??

-
upgraded the brakes to Wilwood Dynalite discs front and rear so looking for a slight gain from the weight reduction over the OEM brakes that were on the car. Swapping from mechanical water pump to electric pump along with a bigger fan to help keep the little beast cool, swapping out the plastic seat for a Kirkey aluminum with new harness. Other than that just cosmetic improvements. Performance was good at the end of last season so hopefully will pick right back up.
Be difficult to make that bad *** look any better

Not many improvements this year. I put in a starting line controller late last year and my spare 363 is almost complete. Car is in the trailer all maintenance done ready to go but no points racing until mid April , I m upgrading my tow vehicle as I ordered a new Ram truck two weeks ago

26870897-5072-4E3F-BB25-62CF7C94B75D.jpeg

Install my new door stop......ah intake. After I see what that does I have an K&N air horn to sort out. It was worth 17 hp on a friends combo on the dyno. It created an issue that will need to be address, because it is organizing the flow it is now snapping the air door open too quickly. Should be able to sort it by tightening up the door. Then I have /6 torsion bars to install to get more stored energy. Trying to smooth the transition from tire plant to the start of the car rotating. Normally I would just throw it all at the car like a moron, but I really need to see what the intakes does. Had to trim it to fit, but it fits fine.

1FAD2D14-9944-4B04-BF92-5C9B849D67BF.jpeg

Probably for the first year since I've owned it my plan is to change the oil and put gas in it.... I've done vast improvements or reconfigurations every year I've owned my car..
Although I have started a thread for a frame off restoration on a power wagon so that will keep me busy...

Install my new door stop......ah intake. After I see what that does I have an K&N air horn to sort out. It was worth 17 hp on a friends combo on the dyno. It created an issue that will need to be address, because it is organizing the flow it is now snapping the air door open too quickly. Should be able to sort it by tightening up the door. Then I have /6 torsion bars to install to get more stored energy. Trying to smooth the transition from tire plant to the start of the car rotating. Normally I would just throw it all at the car like a moron, but I really need to see what the intakes does. Had to trim it to fit, but it fits fine.

View attachment 1715705837
This the intake you are making/modifying?

Right around the corner the drag ways will be opening up (at least for us Northerners). What are your expectations for improvements by 2021 year end??
  • I'm expecting 2 vehicles running into the 12's in street form. '76 Duster is a no brainer, and the '80 D150 (aka Drag Truck).
  • Well, I think I did enough to accomplish the 1st. A small "bump" in gears is done and it should be enough. Time will prove it either way. More plans for it as the year rolls along.
  • Gathering "key" pieces for DT as well.

My block is going to get machined in a couple days, crank rods pistons and the other stuff associated with rotating & reciprocal movements get balanced.
Molnar 3.915 crank, 6.700 molnar power adder rods ( just in case) 4.375 bore SRP pistons flat tops.
Can't wait, progress is good !

I put Edelbrock closed chamber heads on our 78 Challenger, last year and never got to the track with it. I don’t expect more than .1 improvement because, I did no port work.

I'm hoping to take my old girl to the track this spring, she pufts a little smoke over 6000 and with a six pack an old purple cam offshore heads well to hear some people talk around here I should be lucky to make it to the end of the track lol.

I'm hoping to take my old girl to the track this spring, she pufts a little smoke over 6000 and with a six pack an old purple cam offshore heads well to hear some people talk around here I should be lucky to make it to the end of the track lol.
Or get to race at all

I hope to heal up from back surgery. I have to much I want to do to my Dakota this year, but I have no energy or desire to want to mess with it
I have a dakota that has alot of work to do to, the dart 1st...although I could fix it up & sell it 1st

I really should put on my LD4B and AVS-2. I have a seeping heater core to fix as well.

Dyke radiator stop leak, best product on the market for minor leaks in the cooling/heating systems.

Have sealed a seeping head gasket with this product, holding for over 10 years now on a John Deere Tractor and counting.

Could put a small amount in your cooling system and drive as usual with the heater core valve open to circulate through the core.

Could also isolate the heater core from the engine block. First flush the heater core then fill with the proper mix Dyke Stop Leak and antifteeze, and distilled water. Put a loop hose on it and cap it off for 30 days.

Hopefully the core seals up by then, drain then fill the system with antifreeze mix and go again.

Never look back, lol . . .

Screenshot_20210329-190241_Gallery.jpg

Dyke radiator stop leak, best product on the market for minor leaks in the cooling/heating systems.

Have sealed a seeping head gasket with this product, holding for over 10 years now on a John Deere Tractor and counting.

Could put a small amount in your cooling system and drive as usual with the heater core valve open to circulate through the core.

Could also isolate the heater core from the engine block. First flush the heater core then fill with the proper mix Dyke Stop Leak and antifteeze, and distilled water. Put a loop hose on it and cap it off for 30 days.

Hopefully the core seals up by then, drain then fill the system with antifreeze mix and go again.

Never look back, lol . . .

View attachment 1715715879
Oh jeez, some lesbian is gonna get offended !

Planning to make my 1st time slip since 1993. Kids are raised and educated and gone and now time to play again. Back then it was in my 69 Charger, this will be the 72 Demon (408). I'll wait to see what it runs but this car is almost 1000#'s lighter and has a LOT more in it. Time will tell....

i´m in the process of rebuilding my 408 due to a bad crank....will get the new one this week, then engine assembly, new cam, new 1 7/8" Headers......best up til now 11.09, will try to get a 10 sec timeslip if racing is even possible over here.

Michael

Always thought the Dakota's would be a cool V8 street driven project to build.

Once all the buildable cars and or D100s were all used up, that would be my next choice the Dakotas.

Screenshot_20201023-183726_Gallery.jpg

-
Back