Extrude hone exhaust manifolds or not

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Has anyone extrude honed their stock 340 manifolds for more performance? Is there performance to be gained here and is it worth the effort? I am building a mainly stock 340 with some mild head work and performance exhaust from the stock manifolds. I do not want to run headers. Any literature on this such as a performance test you know of?

How about the intake manifold while we are at it?

Thanks for the info.

A lot of money for very little gain. Just make sure that your flapper in the pass side manifold works and put them on. Either that or headers. But you probably want to keep that stock look. I have the Schumacher headers on my duster (big block) and they are almost like tubular manifolds. As much ground clearance as stock, they weigh less, and have to be some kind of performance gain. Don't know if they have something like that for small blocks, if you're interested. As far as the intake, do not touch the inside of it.

don

I agree. Much spent for little gained.

i agree... i was talking to a guy that is running a T/A chally in F.A.S.T and he said it gave him nothing... for what is it $500 its a waste of money if you ask me.

-
Back