F6 Green paint

-

niceolddart

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Can anyone tell me if F6 green was a one year color only for 1969? A friend has a 69 Dart 340 GT Swinger in F6 green that he is restoring, and was told it was a 69 only color,(I kind of doubt it) & GM had the same color. Is any of this true? It is a rare color for this car. I don't think I've ever seen a Dart in F6. I've seen the car & has a lot of the original paint still on it, & fender tag is on it also to match the paint & VIN. I need your help on this. Thanks all.

You can see my green 69 Dart in my thread below to check if its a similar green. I don't know the answers but I'll check the fender tag if you like.

According to my original 1969 Dodge Dart dealership brochure. Only 16 colors available, F6 is not one of them.
20200427_232907.jpg

FBBO had some talk about Plymouth Ralley green differing from Dodge F6 green. Pic of Dodge 69 color chart (same as Kursplat above) from that convo, referring to it as Bright Green Poly, I guess it is possible. Could it have been a summer special offer? Paint code 999, Similar to the B5 blue limited offer on the Challengers of today?
Screenshot_20200427-235223_Chrome.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Joey4speed, my buddies 69 Dart is exactly the same color with out the Mod Top, (does have a black vinyl top) & the stripe on the back says GT Swinger not Sport though. It is a factory original paint & rear stripe car for sure, I checked years ago because I was going to buy it. Thanks everyone for your help on this. Idaho, that color doesn't look any thing like his Dart color. I don't think it's F6 green. That looks like a more common Mopar green, cool car though. Thanks again everyone.

IIRC it was a half year "spring special" color.

I believe it came back very soon as an interior color, but not nearly as cool.

My 73 Satellite has an F6 interior.

It is "standard" Mopar green, of which apparently 85% of all Mopars were when built.

Yep, Spring of 69 special offer.
Was B5 considered a Hi Impact color?

I don't think so.

I don't think any HIP colors were metallic.

I personally consider F6 a HIP color, along with Turbine Bronze, the medium turquoise color, and that lavender 66/67 color.

They definitely have a "high impact" when you see them.

Hey Joey4speed, my buddies 69 Dart is exactly the same color with out the Mod Top, (does have a black vinyl top) & the stripe on the back says GT Swinger not Sport though. It is a factory original paint & rear stripe car for sure, I checked years ago because I was going to buy it. Thanks everyone for your help on this. Idaho, that color doesn't look any thing like his Dart color. I don't think it's F6 green. That looks like a more common Mopar green, cool car though. Thanks again everyone.

I have never seen a stripe that said GT Swinger
GT Sport Yes
Swinger Yes

GT Swinger No

Can you post a photo of that?

Thanks
Matt

I talked to my buddy about it saying swinger on the stripe & he said it was SPORT. I swore it said Swinger. He is going to check pictures of it before it was stripped of paint. I will get back to you guy's on this. I am probably wrong again!

-
Back