"fabo Car "

-

Small Block

Reaction score
WE'll be needing a tranny built for this 12 sec or less /6 car the group is building and we need some ideas as to what we need for a build. Give us you opinion on a tranny build. Do we have any good performance tranny builder as members of this site? Will a built 904 handle the power? I think so if built right. Post here and i'll be back for all the good info.

The rear end? I think the most we will need is an 8.75. What gears for a 1/4? What gears for an 1/8? Will we need a 4 link?

Talk to Chris Andrews at ART transmissions. Hes a member here. You shouldnt need anything crazy, A good rebuild, manual valve body. Spend the money on a good converter.

The rear end? I think the most we will need is an 8.75. What gears for a 1/4? What gears for an 1/8? Will we need a 4 link?

Why are you getting ahead of yourselves? How can you determine the gear, with out knowing the MPH you will be turning, and the usable RPM of the engine combo, and car weight?

I have run anywhere from a 3.91 with a 26 inch tire to a 4.56 with a 22 1/2 inch tall tire. It all depends on the combo. Differnt car weights, different rpm range, 1/4 or 1/8 mile.

Good thought Charlie. This is the kind of input that is appriciated. Sounds like a man stepping up to the plate. Many of these things several of us don't know so that's where the group effort will be great. You tell us what info you need to make your evaluation and as soon as we know it we'll get it to ya. Thanks Charlie for coming on board however am i right that an 8.75 will be adequate? Thanks for taking part. Much appriciated. Nothing like staying ahead of the game.
Bill

Why are you getting ahead of yourselves? How can you determine the gear, with out knowing the MPH you will be turning, and the usable RPM of the engine combo, and car weight?

I have run anywhere from a 3.91 with a 26 inch tire to a 4.56 with a 22 1/2 inch tall tire. It all depends on the combo. Differnt car weights, different rpm range, 1/4 or 1/8 mile.

Charrlie_S :cheers: Thanks for keeping us in line, Gears can be determined
after the 225' is built. If I am correct you race the low deck 170/'s.

I sure hope we can count on your thoughts on head work ,springs, Valves build O-pinion
from you. and bore, and pistons.
As long as they keep a 1/4 mile track everywhere I would say that 1/4 mile car is what we are looking at.
First ? Do they make us use the glass windshield or do we change out to a
lighter flexile style windshield ?
And do we need to think more in the lines of a high 13's / car ?

I went to the Slant Six Forum and ask Charrlie_S to take a look at what we are doing and would he keep an eye on us and help.
Thanks Charrlie_S I hope we will continue hearing from you.:cheers:

i think i still have a complete brand new bearing set for an 8.75. ill have to check storage but if i do ill throw it in for the cause

-
Back