Fabricated sheet metal valve covers

-

RAVano

Reaction score
Does anyone run these fabricated valve covers on their magnum engine? Long story short, I bought a set of fabricated LA valve covers because the breather holes and baffles are already there opposed to the fabricated magnum ones. Well the LA ones hit the alternator (factory serpentine setup) therefore the bolt holes dont line up. Has anyone successfully run these valve covers with factory serpentine set up?

Which one? Can you post a picture of the area where it rubs?
I assume you are talking about the LA style that does not have a visible flange and uses long bolts?

Correct. Just like these
Screenshot_20200113-170518_eBay.jpg

I noticed that the Magnum ones have a "cut out" right where the interference is but no breather holes or baffles.
Screenshot_20200112-183800_Chrome.jpg

IF you cut a section off the back of the alternator backing, remove the protector for the terminal, and run no gasket just rtv you can get just enough room

20200702_232516.jpg

20200702_232429.jpg

I don't have any input to those particular covers shown above (but hacking on them or your alternator to make them fit sure seems like a PITA).

All but two sets of fabbed covers to cross my bench in 14 years were returned to the manufacturers before any work started because light showed through the welds. They're cheap ... and fugly IMO.

-
Back