Factory 68-71 340 puts 325HP on GM Dyno

-
Read it again, I said there were exceptions, I had a 400 that would get over 20 in a cordoba........ And 400's in trucks, that wouldn't get 8MPG. Hell, my 390 will get 16 with 4.10 gears and four back tires.....
The Cummins will get 30 running half drain oil.......
472 Caddy's will get over 20mpg too........

But as a whole, 90% of the people in the world, didn't hit the sweet spot like you did, and are getting 10MPG with the same engine, close to same build.

I can agree with that.

not bashing btw, sometimes I'm a lil more blunt for the other readers sake in my responses, so as the idea does not get lost.

But then again, if we were going after MPG, we'd all be driving the single plane 2bbl 273's around.......

*and still eating most cam+manifold special 350 power camaro's*

I can agree with that.

not bashing btw, sometimes I'm a lil more blunt for the other readers sake in my responses, so as the idea does not get lost.

Ive found motors and just couldn't be tuned........ even stock ones, good compression, clean burning, just........ wouldn't get good MPG, hell, my 95 1500 with a 318 and 3.55's wouldn't get 15 to save its ***.

It got 10 before the R/T cam, and HP compooter.

Lets see here.....

5000-8000

OR

2500-7000..............

What has more USEABLE power????

Freakin' chevy guys, at least the ferd guys don't brag up the 3514bbl........

Lets see here.....

5000-8000

OR

2500-7000..............

What has more USEABLE power????

Freakin' chevy guys, at least the ferd guys don't brag up the 3514bbl........
well if the 340 is leaving at 2500...
colour the 302 gone.. and the 340 just raped.
show me a stock 340 cam that'll make some oats to 7000.

even stock class 340=10.80 back before the record was dropped
z28 runs the same time in stock class.

why do you think they put the 340 g stocks against 396 camero's...

so a 396 makes less power than a 302?? and how heavy is that camero compared to the a body??

Done, 302 slurps the turd pudding that the 340 dishes to it.

btw if ya wanna give examples...then lets make this right, they both get slicks and solids and they both leave at 5k...

what motor has the ability to make more power=340

lame discussion really.

thats some strong smelling crap you just dumped.
I do believe a 64 chevyII would smoke any 340..
Not to mention the 69 302 Camaro Z/28 which
gave even HEMIs fits.

Your way out there dude. I've ran them all, a lot of chevies when I was young cause they were a dime a dozen. The 327 was a great engine and I had a couple that ran real good but when I did get my azz whopped it was usually cause I was running against a Mopar.

A 302 Camaro give a Hemi fits?? What have you been smoking? Too many left handed Camels for sure. The 302 was such a low torque dog it couldn't beat very many 340 cars unless the camaro had at least 4.88 gears, much less compete against a Hemi. Sure it'd spin 8500+ rpm but until you hit 5000 rpm (read usable power range) it wouldn't do squat. It was a fine Trans-am car but sure not much on the street. I gotta buddy that's a die hard Chevy nut and even he admits that.

Your way out there dude. I've ran them all, a lot of chevies when I was young cause they were a dime a dozen. The 327 was a great engine and I had a couple that ran real good but when I did get my azz whopped it was usually cause I was running against a Mopar.

A 302 Camaro give a Hemi fits?? What have you been smoking? Too many left handed Camels for sure. The 302 was such a low torque dog it couldn't beat very many 340 cars unless the camaro had at least 4.88 gears, much less compete against a Hemi. Sure it'd spin 8500+ rpm but until you hit 5000 rpm (read usable power range) it wouldn't do squat. It was a fine Trans-am car but sure not much on the street. I gotta buddy that's a die hard Chevy nut and even he admits that.
+1 you beat me to this . Just like the Boss 302 , both great in the upper rpm . A guy down the street had a z-28 with the cross ram , under 4,000 it was a dog . Don,t think he ever used 4 th gear .

LMFAO @ "Left-handed Camels" !
I thought that I was the only one whom still used that phrase to describe "green tobacco" !

-
Back