Fairly new guy, '74 Dart SE 2 door hardtop, need help finding resto parts!

-

TheMoparNoob

Reaction score
Hey everybody, i just purchased a 1974 Dodge Dart Special Edition two door hardtop from another member of the forum. It is my first car, and i'm not mechanically dumb, but i honestly have no experience with mopars, especially L-A-bodies, at all. And i would like to make sure the car is completely sound, a hundred percent, so i dont have to worry over it and the folks will be happy. First off, it has a new choke on it, but its not hooked up, so the former owner said. He's very nice and straight forward, even came by to help when it wouldnt start. Thats fixed now, just a bad ground on the starter relay. But, back to the choke. The car starts pretty good, just have to pump the gas a couple times before ignition, not a big deal. But if i want to run it and idle it, i have to rev it a bit, right at start, and let it warm up before it will idle. From what ive read, its the choke. I'd like to know how to connect it, so it will hold idle well and run smoother. Second, there is a missing bolt from a lipped gasket on the bottom of the trans bell housing. And i cant find replacements anywhere. Right now it just has a zip tie through it so it doesnt keep leaking oil. If any one can supply a bolt, even for a small price, i'd be grateful. As a third, the engine has a very slight and quiet tick every rotation of the belt or so, and i think its the rockers need adjusting. Info on the process would be helpful. Its a slant 225 with an A-904 auto behind it, all stock looks like. Most importantly, i'd like to have it fool proof mechanically, but after that, id like to find seats front and back, preferrably black, whites fine too, and a headliner, and possibly a dash pad for the right price, as a new cap is a hundred bucks. Thanks to everyone, and have a great day.

-
Back