Fall Fling Canceled

-
I've been to plenty of car shows on asphalt. I'm not a fan of it. The addition of drag racing at Irwindale was a plus though.
Ive been to a lot of the spring and fall fling shows as a spectator, never felt like i had to have my cars at one. I made a HUGE effort to have my car ready for the irwindale show. (I did forget that there is a race there tomorrow, battle of the brands). Now the car is put away, unpacked, and plans made to be out of town. S#!t.

WTF ? They have an event tomorrow but THIS show had to be cancelled ? W H Y ???

Autoxcuda might disagree, but irwindales promo for the botb race, said no spectators, drivers and "crew" only, (if spectators were allowed, i'd go) and didnt get press on the interweb.
The fall fling, on the other hand HAS to have spectators to make the show profitable at a racetrack venue, and general admission was mentioned on the flyer i saw, and i assume on facebook, assumed because i never have been on pukebook, and never will.
A big show has to be promoted, and that promotion often brings unwanted attention from spoilsport dogooders (pussy bastards). Im guessing somebody didnt like the idea of people getting back to normal, and having fun.

I'm right there with you.
The assholes that finked are the same ones that as a kid, saw others having fun and HAD to piss all over it by tattling on them.
Those kids needed an *** kicking then and they sure need it now.
Nowadays they are called Karen and Darren. They often occupy positions in the PTA and homeowners associations.

-
Back