Family showdown.

-

383man

Reaction score
Since I have my 63 now on the road I plan to race it on Oct 29 at a private T & T and my son and brother will be racing also. Of course my son and I have been talking smack to each other kidding about who's car will be faster. His Dart has run 11.50's @ 116 so far and the 63 is making it's first track appearence. Here is both combo's and you can decide who will be faster.

Sons Dart:

.030 over 400 with stock bottom end (383 steel crank same stock stroke 3.38) and KB pistons .025 down.
MP .557 cam and bone stock OTB Eddy 84 cc heads milled .040 for 10.2 comp.
Crane iron rockers.
Stock electronic dist I curved and MSD 6A with blaster coil.
Performer RPM intake with Holley 750 DP.
CPPA 2" headers and 3" flowmaster exh.
727 with reverse manual V/B and 9.5 Dynamic 4200 flash convertor.
8-3/4 with 3.91's.
SS springs and Hoosier 26 x 9.5 QTP.
The car body and interior is all stock as is the rest of the suspension. Best run 11.55 @ 116.

My 63 Sport Fury:

.030 over 440 with stock bottom end and KB pistons .023 down.
906 heads I ported and installed 2.14 & 1.81 valves and milled for 10.0 comp.
MP .557 cam and comp dual springs.
Isky iron rockers.
Mallory dist and MP orange box.
Holley Street Dominator and 850 DP.
Hedman 1-3/4 headers with 3" exh and Dyno Max Ultra Flows.
727 with reverse manual V/B and 9.5 Dynamic 4200 convertor.
8-3/4 with 4.30's
Original springs with air shocks and pinion snubber.(I ran out of money so SS springs come later)
M/T slicks 28 x 9.
All stock body and suspension. This will be the first time out with my 63 but I will say it feels strong.

Can I beat the boy ? I was shooting for mid to high 11's with my 63 and I think it will be a good race as we drive both cars to the track.
Win or loose it will be fun and I don't think either car will beat my brothers 64 as it runs 10.90's in street trim. Thanks , Ron

--------------------

The boys Dart. Ron

152980113.gif

Come on you can take him Dad. But you know what I'd do(and I have), I'd hide a spray nozzle inside the intake manifold and bring it out through your PCV line, into the underside of the tappet cover and out the back wall of the tappet cover, thru the firewall, to under the passenger seat to the juice bottle. JUST IN CASE and blow is skinny young *** into the ditch. Was that over the top. :burnout:

I`ve got a feeling your son will take bragging rights. This is For A-bodies only, I can`t vote any other way! Good luck and have some family fun!

You've got the extra cubes, but you also have the extra weight. Hmmmm. I think i'll have to side with Junior, since as John mentioned, this is FABO! :) Now, having said that, I just love your 63.

Ron, I've already told you on BBD that I love your car and I think you stand a decent chance of winning! Get him off the line and let the big motor take over! :D

-
Back