Fasteners at John Deere.

-

GoDartGo

thread killer un-member
Reaction score
Okay, I haven't been active hear since I sold my Dart last Aug. Since then I have semi retired after 40 years at one place, and got a part time job at a John Deere dealer stocking shelves.
I sure wish I would have known about all the different kinds of fasteners they sell and that they can make any size electric wire you want with ends that won't fall off or come lose, like if your putting a battery in the trunk. The guys here use a small Hyd hose end press to "crimp" the bigger wires.
Also, their Turf Guard lawn and garden motor oil has zinc in it for the older engines.
This would have been perfect for all the cam break in I did. Some not so successfully .
Anywho, just a heads up if you have a JD dealer near by. -Shawn

Thanks for posting this, it shows that people need to think out of the box sometimes............

I have a hydraulic crimper with a bunch of dies for doing wiring. Makes professional quality battery cables in a second. Also good for winch cable crimps.

Okay, I haven't been active hear since I sold my Dart last Aug. Since then I have semi retired after 40 years at one place, and got a part time job at a John Deere dealer stocking shelves.
I sure wish I would have known about all the different kinds of fasteners they sell and that they can make any size electric wire you want with ends that won't fall off or come lose, like if your putting a battery in the trunk.The guys here use a small Hyd hose end press to "crimp" the bigger wires.
Also, their Turf Guard lawn and garden motor oil has zinc in it for the older engines.
This would have been perfect for all the cam break in I did. Some not so successfully .
Anywho, just a heads up if you have a JD dealer near by. -Shawn
Is it real??

They sell good steering box grease as well !
1969dartswingercleanupweek5 027.JPG

Get a lot of bolts and things a John Deere, they sell grade 5 and grade 8 bolts by the pound.

Tractor Supply also sells fasteners by the pound, and they have angle iron, flat stock, aluminum stock, and other generic offerings. We have a couple Tractor Supply stores nearby, but no John Deere stores.

John Deere also has a very good break in oil. The Corn Head Grease works well in steering box like dadsbee said. I worked 21 years at a JD dealer in sales.

Back many years ago, my brother worked at an International Implement dealer. The front main bearing, the 307 was going bad in his 69 Dart Swinger 4 speed. He found a bearing on the shelf that had more bigger balls with the correct snap ring groove. Then a couple years later, I needed one for my 68 GTS 4 speed, which I still have. If I ever pull the gearbox apart I will get the bearing number and post it on here.

-
Back