fayetteville, nc FABO?

-
Just to let everyone know, a 1972 Dodge Demon 340 won Best In Show at the 3rd Annual Tallywood Spook-o-rama Carshow Saturday!!!!!! :snakeman::snakeman:

He's from Sanford and it is a very nice car, worthy of the Trophy! There are pictures posted on the Cape Fear Classics web page (sorry, don't have the link here).

hey 383 were you at a tattoo shop here in fayetteville on yadkin last week i saw a green demon up there the other day thought maybe it was you

hey tobysoldblue i'm lookin to get some vinyl body stripes put on my charger and i don't wanna risk messin them up do you guys down at allen's do graphics or no?

Hey Fred I was driving by the Talleywood show and saw the Orange Demon and turned around to see it. That car is really nice, almost as nice as yours. I talked to him for a few minutes and he started talking about chroming his grille and doing some other things that were out there. But none the less it was a really clean car.

Yep, the orange 1972 Demon is from Sanford. It's a 340 4-speed car and is all original from what I've seen of it. He won best in show at the Talleywood Spook-o-rama show. Need to write that down, bet ya don't see another Mopar win Best of Show in Fayetteville for a long while. I went tothe Beast of Bladenboro Show and probably won't go back regardless of the weather.

By the way, don't remember being near any tattoo shops.

:snakeman: Fred

:snakeman:
I live in mount olive,but i work in fayetville,at allens autobody,were the old 84 lumber company used to be.I try to drive the dart on fridays.Maybe ill see yall sometime.

Looking to have the Vinyl top removed sometime. Could you give me directions to your shop? Not really ready for a whole paint job, but will if I have to.

Fred

sorry it took so long to get back to ya.I dont usually come to this part of fabo.I stay in the chatroom,and looking in the parts forsale area.To answer your questions anbout stripes,and top removals,yes im sure the boss would take your money at 43.00 perhour.If you want the work done cheaper,i can do it on the side at home,or your house,or were ever you feel comfortable,for much cheaper.Either way,i can get the job done if it relates to body work,or paint.You can pm me,ill give ya phone number and we can discuss what ever you want done.

Thought I'd go ahead and get this out there...
I am the event coordinator for my Church and each spring we hold a Car Show to raise money to send kids to "The Wilds" Christian Camp in Brevard, NC. Our show is May 22, 2010 and we expect 65 - 75 vehicles. If you need further information, please contact me.

Thanks,

Fred Giarette
Event Coordinator
6012 Woodspring Drive
Hope Mills, NC 28348
(910) 423-4956

Look for Cape Fear Mopars on Facebook (if you have an acct). Otherwise, we don't really have an active web site and very few members, but loyal members none-the-less. My Demon is going in the shop for some work that I've been putting off. Just want to be ready for Mopars at the Rock next April. I enjoy supporting shows that are fundraisers and those of friends who I've made going to shows. I do have a list I try to keep updated, so email me at giarette@yahoo.com and I'll do my best to keep you up-to-date. :glasses8:

I used to live in Goldsboro before transferring back to Canada for work. I used to go to Fort Bragg twice a week for my kids to play hockey.

Attachments

• IMG_1928.JPG
    163.9 KB · Views: 254
  • IMG_1929.JPG
    163.6 KB · Views: 255
  • IMG_1712.JPG
    152.5 KB · Views: 264
  • IMG_1777.JPG
    93.6 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1779.JPG
    87.2 KB · Views: 257
  • IMG_1818.JPG
    94.4 KB · Views: 259
  • IMG_1953.JPG
    98.9 KB · Views: 251
I'm still out here, just lost my pw for awhile. I've also gotten tired of the other sites that really don't cater to the old Mopars. I will be at the Metal Worx Show on March 24th competing against the tuners, low riders and what ever else. It's in Hope Mills on Shipman Rd. Then it's Mopars at the Rock.

I like your assistant in your Demon. It may be alot of work but at least saved it from the crusher or Mother Nature. Check out FB if you can. There are some local Mopar sites that can assist...

I'm just a few hours away. I live in Littleton, NC. Ever hear of the christian camp, Camp Willow Run 383demon? I very close to that, but I drive my '74 Duster to college in Charlotte.

Attachments

• Duster in the barn.jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 234
  • Duster Engine.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 243
Never heard of that town. Got a Top 50 at the Metal Worx show. Will you be going to Rockingham April 7th?

In case anyone is interested.....
We're meeting at the BoJangles on 401 (as you head toward Raeford) between 7:30 & 8 and then we'll head towards the Rock.

I'm from Fayetteville, with a 73 Petty Blue (B3) Plymouth Duster. My father gave me the car a few years ago and it is now with me in Cornelius (really it is just south of Statesville getting restoration modded with a 340 and new Keisler 5 speed transmission). My parents still live in Fayetteville so, when it gets done, I'm sure I'll be driving it back home at some frequency.

Was yours the green demon with all of the Cape Fear Mopar cards on the back, 383demon?

Must've been. I have the only Mountain Dew Green Demon in Hope Mills/Fay that I know of. There is a Cars 'n Coffee cruise in this Sat from 9 until Noon at the Village Coffee house off of Camden Road. Then St. Pauls will have their cruise-in downtown Sat evening.

Not much traffic here, but just checking in.
In Fay with a '69 Signet, 340/418, A904, 8 3/4.
gets groceries pretty quick.

FrontPass.jpg

Finally got a picture....

I know this thread is old but thought I'd mention anyway. In about 1975 my grandmother bought her first car, she was in her 70's. It was a green Demon with black vinyl top and stripes just like yours. We lived in Red Springs at the time. I was too young to remember what happened to it but she didn't keep it long.

anybody local have one of the dash nut sockets for a '69 Abody?

-
Back