Fender tag question

-

Racingduster

Certified Welder
Reaction score
A friend of mine just bought a 71 340 Duster last week. Its a project car that has already been started. We were discussing on how to go about finishing the car. He wants to get it close factory, but while looking at the fender tag we have some question.

I dont have the fender tag in my hand but he's getting me the codes off of it so i can post them here later. No build sheet with the car

Its a real 340 car "H" code on vin and vin matches fender tag.

codes tell me its a 340 275hp 4 bbl, side stripes, rear stripes, am radio, tinted glass, heat defrost, 727 automatic, EV2 Hemi Orange, Chrome moldings, dual exhaust, bright exhaust tips.

The question I have is, there is no " A" grouping code for any kind of package. Is this common? If you ordered a 71 340 Duster is there a base package? The guy he bought it from said it was a Scoop, spoiler, dual painted mirror car. The car also has a ralley dash.

Would this stuff be listed on the fender tag or would that be only on the build sheet?

I hope you understand what im asking.

Ill post what the fender tag codes are when he gets them to me.

Thanks guys!

theres no hood scoop for 340 duster ever. Not in 71 or another year. The rear spoiler and sports mirror would be listed on the tag. The Rallye dash was standard on 340 cars and wont show.

the mirrors, any hood treatment(if there is) and the wing would be on the fender tag as well as the build sheet.

the guy didnt know what he was talking about if it isnt on the tag

theres no hood scoop for 340 duster ever. Not in 71 or another year. The rear spoiler and sports mirror would be listed on the tag. The Rallye dash was standard on 340 cars and wont show.

I ment Dual scoops. sorry about that. So if spoiler and mirrors where listed on the tag then Id guess that the dual scoops would have also been listed.

Thanks for the info!

the mirrors, any hood treatment(if there is) and the wing would be on the fender tag as well as the build sheet.

the guy didnt know what he was talking about if it isnt on the tag

Ok, so it sounds like this was a basic optioned 340 car.

What about the grille? Was a sharktooth standard or was that an option above a standard grille?

No scoop of any kind on a 340 car is what Adam meant.

Sharktooth grill was standard on the 340 Duster so no code for it, But again, There are no hood scoops on any 340 Duster. Only on Duster Twisters.

Sharktooth grill was standard on the 340 Duster so no code for it, But again, There are no hood scoops on any 340 Duster. Only on Duster Twisters.

Oh I see. I had no idea about that. I guess so many people put scoops on Dusters that I thought it was a given that 340 Dusters came with them.

Can you guys tell me what else was standard on a 340 Duster?

Thanks alot for the info

Yes, Only 70 Darts and 71 Demons used the 2 scoops and 72 Demon and 73 Dart Sport used the snorkel.

-
Back