Fender Tag Questions

-

Shogun1332

Reaction score
Hey guys,

I ran my fender tag through a decoder and most everything makes sense so far, however, there are two pieces on it that I can't figure out. If anyone can help me out I'll make sure I have a picture attached of the fender tag, I would like to figure out what the Y39 is in reference to and what the EW1 is in reference to. I know what the decoder tells me they are, which is a special order from 69-71 and a paint notation for White/Alpine White, however I can't figure out what was painted white, or what was special ordered

If you happen to have any thoughts I'd much appreciate it!
20160922_094231_HDR.jpg

Disregard, now that it's blown up on my screen here, I can actually see that is an EN1 code, which makes more sense...

Still would like to know about Y39 though if anyone has any thoughts

Y39 is the sales bank code, thus special ordered would mean the entire car! There may be something like a "not recommended" body/interior color, a special ordered exterior paint color, or any other unavailable combination that a dealer could override, such as a Dana in a slant 6 car!! That's a pretty short fender tag, is there a build sheet?? Look under the rear seat buns, they may have the SO written in crayon on the build sheet!!

Y16 was the sales bank code, this one has Y39 - Special Order. No extra cost options or edit waiver code present, so best guess is that it was part of a larger fleet order with special pricing.

Please do look for a broadcast sheet when you can & report back.

Alas, no build sheet to be found underneath the back seat, any other places it may be on a 72 Demon?

Look in the springs under the front seat, taped to the back of the glove box liner & under the carpet for starters. You may find more than one broadcast sheet.

Hey guys,

I ran my fender tag through a decoder and most everything makes sense so far, however, there are two pieces on it that I can't figure out. If anyone can help me out I'll make sure I have a picture attached of the fender tag, I would like to figure out what the Y39 is in reference to and what the EW1 is in reference to. I know what the decoder tells me they are, which is a special order from 69-71 and a paint notation for White/Alpine White, however I can't figure out what was painted white, or what was special ordered

If you happen to have any thoughts I'd much appreciate it!View attachment 1714972905

Looks like there was a small supplemental tag attached on the left side that has been since broke off. My dart sport has one with a heart stamped in it. Anyone have a clue what that could be?

IMG_20180604_225011_058.jpg

Wow, I don’t think I’ve seen a fender tag as short as that one! No radio? No drip rail mouldings? Did it come with a steering wheel??

Wow, I don’t think I’ve seen a fender tag as short as that one! No radio? No drip rail mouldings? Did it come with a steering wheel??

If you are referring to the one I posted, it is only half of the tag, I wanted to focus on the inspection tag. The OP tag is a very low option tag for sure!

-
Back