Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr.Ed

Swollen Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Complete setup including vacuum hose and wiring came from my '75 Swinger. Yes, even the screws will be included. Fender turn signals are good driver quality with a little fading of the chrome. Lenses are good. Vacuum switch is adjustable with a small screwdriver. Cool option to have. $45 shipped anywhere in the US.
img0003ng.jpg

If they were the 67-9 style I'd of bought them already.
Can you tell me the purpose of having one of those lights connected to engine vacuum, and why the engineers wanted it to go on when vacuum was low enough? Never understood that.

Good Lookin parts there. If I had the correct year for them I would snatch them right up.

George

It was a way of letting you know you were getting poor fuel mileage. Mainly for people who couldn't rear a vacuum gauge, lol. The left fender indicator would light up if you were being bad! This setup will work with the older style indicators as well, you just need to run the wires and vacuum hose. The vacuum switch is adjustable with a small flat screwdriver, so you can dial in when you want the light to come on.

Many years ago, late 70's, I used 1 of those switches to trigger a home brewed water injection setup on a 383 Road Runner that had way too much compression for the available pump gas. It worked really well for that purpose. Since engine vacuum is closely related to load, I'll bet there are other uses for it also.

Many years ago, late 70's, I used 1 of those switches to trigger a home brewed water injection setup on a 383 Road Runner that had way too much compression for the available pump gas. It worked really well for that purpose. Since engine vacuum is closely related to load, I'll bet there are other uses for it also.

Cool idea! I never would have thought of that!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back