fglassin a package tray

-

mopardart72

I'm a pretty big deal
Reaction score
Im thinkin i could use a thin piece of wood and cut it to the shape of the package tray and then f glass and then paint it. will that work?

Hello mopardart72, have you fixed the problem of the water getting in? If you have or are going to I would just try to find the right sheet metal for it or fab your own and weld in. They use wood all the time on custom stuff so it would work I guess.

If you have your tray cover just trace that and add a little extra to fit.

I made mine out of marsonite and covered it with naughahyde. just spray glued it and stapled it on the backside

i tried putting cardboard back there but i cant draw the corners

I don't know if this will work or not but mabby try doing it from the bottum. May be able to get to the cornes better. Then there is allways the old trim a little and test fit over and over till it fits.

Make your pattern in sections. You can have a section for each corner and work each into shape individually. Then, take a couple of bigger pieces of cardboard and shape the sections in between those you made for the corners. Tape them together in place, remove, and trace onto your plywood.

I just layed masking paper up there and marked with sharpie then trimmed and repeted till it fit.....even a blind squirrill finds a nut once in a while

I made a pattern from cardboard.Went to the local glass shop and bought a piece of 1/8" plexiglass. Cut it to fit with a dremel tool,covered it with headliner material from upholstery shop.Turned out nice.

Hello mopardart72, have you fixed the problem of the water getting in? If you have or are going to I would just try to find the right sheet metal for it or fab your own and weld in. They use wood all the time on custom stuff so it would work I guess.

Sorry, I thought he was talking about the tray not the tray cover.

Noel

-
Back